The FM2011 poll is now closed and it looks like you guys want some tips about tactics. I'm not going to be here for the next few days, but when I get back I'll give you some info on tactics for lower league teams.
Finished my third season with Hyde United, top of the league, 103 points, 20 clear of second place. I'm pretty chuffed. Upgrading my training and youth facilities, now its time to stengthen my squad over the summer. Check out the league table below, I'll be giving more FM2011 tips soon but for now I'm just basking in the glory of being Conference Champions!
Today I'm going to talk about tactics for lower league teams. The key to a successful tactic for a poor technical team is to keep it simple, so I always start with a standard 4-4-2 formation: I then set one of my central midfielders to a defensive role and the other to attacking. Most of your players will be lacking any decent technical or mental skills so you want them to stick to their positions and roles, this is how I setup my team instructions: As you can see I've told my team to play a direct 'hoofball' game with little creative freedom and roaming from positions. This will ensure that your player will be in the right place at the right time more often than not and prevent your oppostion a free run on goal. The idea of playing direct is that your players will not be good on the ball and if they try and play it around the back they are going to make some critical mistakes eventually. Thats it for now, as I said keep the tactics simple to start with and once...
The new season kicks off today, here are my predictions: Top 6: Manchester United Chelsea Manchester City Liverpool Tottenham Arsenal Bottom 3: QPR Wigan Swansea Let me know what you think!
Yay! I voted tactics, so it's all good by me.
ReplyDeleteSounds good!
ReplyDeleteYes, more tactics please!
ReplyDelete